4-Year "No Moss" Warranty
If at any time, within 4 years of your cedar roof restoration, moss appears to grow on the cedar roof,
Complete Clean will clean the moss off the shingles at no cost.
1) Q: Why should I choose cedar for my roof or sidewall, and isn’t it depleting our forests? Cedar is a great choice for your roof or sidewall, because not only is it aesthetically pleasing, it also provides a natural insulator for your home, and withstands much of Mother Nature’s worst weather. It is also the only truly GREEN building material, so you would be doing the environment a favor. Forests are not being depleted at all, and in fact, are growing due to our sustainable forest practices.
2) Q: How long does a cedar roof last? This is a very general question, and cannot be answered with a definite number. Many factors come into play, such as quality of cedar used, quality of installation, climate, proximity to salt-water, exposure, and maintenance. If properly installed and maintained, a high quality cedar roof can last 30-40 years on average.
3) Q: Why are some of my shakes curling or cupping on my roof?
Some curling is normal, as cedar is a natural product that reacts to
certain weather conditions. Excessive curling or cupping could also
be due to improper nailing (too high or too far from the edge), or
exposures that are too high. Watch for excessive flat grain as well,
as heat will make them curl. If the curling or cupping is a potential
problem, then repairs should be made promptly to prevent possible
leaks. Individual shakes can be replaced if necessary.
4) Q: What maintenance is required for my cedar roof? If you live near trees, it is highly recommended that you trim back overhanging limbs, clean out valleys as leaves and branches will collect and prevent water from draining off freely. Due to steep slopes, take utmost caution when cleaning your roof, or use reputable professionals with experience in cleaning cedar roofs. We also suggest that you don’t power wash a cedar roof. This needs to be done by professionals at low pressure.
5) Q: What parts of the roof wear out first? The first part to wear out is the ridge cap. Ridge cap is usually replaced 1-2 times during the life of the roof. Next the flashing areas around the chimneys and valleys. The south and southeastern exposures will get the most sun. The north side, or any area that is constantly shaded, would be an area to watch, as well.
6) Q: Why is there moss on my roof? Moss is usually found on roofs when there is not enough airflow and sun on the roof to keep it dry. The north side is vulnerable, as is any portion that is shaded most of the time.
7) Q: Can I really make the wood last longer? Yes, it has been shown by the Forest Service Products Research Lab in Madison, WI the Forest Products Lab at Texas AM, Oregon State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Extensive tests have shown that using a good preservative will increase the life expectancy of wood for many years.
8) Q: Why does the cedar get cracks? Cracks occur when the wood is repeatedly moistened by rain, then dried by the sun, over and over. The wood expands and contracts creating tiny hairline cracks, which overtime get larger.
9) Q: How do preservatives help the problem? The main purpose of wood preservatives is to put the oil and resins back into the wood, which repels the water.
10) Q: Why does my cedar roof turn grey? Sun and heat draw the oils out of the wood, with rain then washing them away, turning your wood grey.
1. To avoid walking on your roof and damaging tiles, we carefully pressure wash your concrete roof from tall ladders with a 24’ boom.
2. As we clean your concrete roof, we inspect it and if necessary, cracked tiles will be replaced (extra cost)
3. Hand clean the gutters inside and out
For an average 3,000 sqft home, our price to restore the appearance and longevity of your concrete roof would be a $1,674 investment.
We partner with Clearbrook Roofing Ltd
They have serviced the Fraser Valley for 30 years
Call owner Ken Abrahams at 604-854-1012
Just as you maintain your concrete driveway, you also need to take care of your concrete roof. Our BC climate is a haven for moss. With time, moss will cause discoloration and is a vector for water to get under the tiles. As moss sheds, it rolls down and clogs up your gutters. After 10 years, concrete roofs may need to be professionally cleaned.
Let us bring your roof back to life, adding years to your roof’s life expectancy.
1. Your cedar roof is inspected and if necessary, ridge caps will be replaced and metal shims inserted under cracked or damaged shingles (extra cost)
2. Carefully, with low pressure, wash your cedar roof
3. Apply the industry’s premier wood finish;
Messmer’s UV Plus (an oil based, protectant sealant)
4. Hand clean the gutters inside and out
For an average 3,200 sqft home, our price to restore the appearance and longevity of your cedar roof would be an $3,928 investment (plus shingle replacement and shims, if necessary).
After 10 years, cedar roofs may need to be professionally restored. A frequent question is "Can I really make the wood last longer?" Yes, it has been shown by the Forest Service Products Research Lab in Madison, WI the Forest Products Lab at Texas AM, Oregon State University, the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Extensive tests have shown that using a good preservative will increase the life expectancy of wood for many years.
Copyright 2015. Complete Clean. All rights reserved.